Friday, August 28, 2009

On to Halifax!

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted. My only excuse is that have been working on "fleshing out" my couch potato fitness program in preparation for the upcoming Laser Masters Worlds in Halifax.

See http://can09.laserinternational.org/

I got out the bike, and bought 15 feet of heavy shock cord. So after several months of neighborhood bike rides, shock cord stretching (they now sell this stuff on TV as the the new way to get fit at home!) and the old standby, crunches on the couch during commercials, I feel fitter and stronger and ready for Halifax.

My wife and I are in Maine visiting friends and will arrive in Halifax tonight. Measure the boat in tomorrow and be ready for action just as Danny arrives on Sunday.

Hard to believe that bothe Masters and the Open World's (held in the same place last week) will have been affected by hurricanes.

Congratulations to Paul Goodison on his win in the Senior Worlds. He sailed really consistently with no finish lower than 7th and 2 bullets.

3 comments:

Jon Deutsch said...

Good Luck John!

Tillerman said...

Welcome back to the blog and good luck at the Worlds. Can't make it myself this year as my son is getting married next week. Look forward to reading all about it on Favored End.

jab said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures. May the wind be always where you want it. We already know you are a champion.