Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of Racing

Finally got on the water today. A 10-15 knot westerly tried to get going put poope out on the way to the race course. We finally got to the starting area under postponment and waited for some wind. Finalyy the seabreeze made its appearance from the south and built to 15-18. We got our scheduled 2 races in in sparkling conditions.

I had a mediocre first race but made no major mistakes. Wound up 19th. The second race I nailed the pin and led the fleet to the favored left. Unfortunately I went a little to far and overstood. Still rounded in top 10. Sweet. Held it around the downwind, next upwind, and fist reach. Then, a puff caught me napping on the short downwind leg, and I wound up upside down. Wound up with another 19th. Currently standing 16th but ahead of Seidengerg and Tillman. Sweet.

No comments: