Friday, July 18, 2008

Training Pants

My wife got me some new hiking pants for my birthday. The first time I wore them and sat out to hike the boat down, I wanted to take them back as the battens weren't in the right place. The edge of the boat cut into my butt just above the battens.

After cursing the pants for a few minutes I thought I'd better experiment a little so I loosened the hiking strap and pushed myself out over the edge of the boat until the battens in the pants were over the edge of the boat.

After a few seconds my thighs began to burn and my stomach muscles began to quiver.

So that's what hiking hard means!

I did seem to go faster.

2 comments:

Tillerman said...

Welcome to the Laser sailing blogosphere. It's good to read off some other old geezer's struggles with the same issues as me.

Tillerman said...

And on some days this old geezer knows the difference between "off" and "of".