Monday, July 21, 2008

Couch Potato, Part 2

In the middle of the big game yesterday (Justin Verlander, the best pitcher in baseball, and his Tigers were beating my Orioles), I had to get up and pee. I didn't have to go very badly, so I thought this might be another fitness opportunity.

Instead of just standing up and walking to the bathroom, I stretched my arms out in front of me (for balance) stood up and then slowly sat back down on the couch. When my butt touched the couch, I stood back up again. After repeating this "deep knee bend" a couple of times, my thighs were burning just like they do when I hike properly on my Laser.

Hmm...

So now when I get up from the couch, I don't stay up, but do a few "get ups" before walking away. It, too is starting to make a difference.

No comments: