Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 5

Another beautiful day on St. Margerets Bay. I'm getting spoiled. Seabreeze at 185, 14-18 kt. Temp about 70 F.

Tried the boat end again but there was a pack of boats there so got a mediocre start. Went right, but not much happening in the way of shifts. Made sure I stayed in the middle of the course and that I didn't overstand. Rounded OK, maybe 10th.

Downwind, I went to the right to get a lane. Turned out to be really slow sailing on a broad reach rather than by the lee, and I dropped a few boats. Didn't do much more than survive the rest of the race to finish 20th.

Second race, sailed my best race of the regatta. Rounded the top mark 4th after picking a couple shifts near the top, lost my usual few boats including Peter Seidenberg downwind when he came across my stern on port going REALLY FAST! Got everyone I lost back on the 2nd beat to round 4th again, then managed to hold on for a 10th.

Need to find a way to go faster downwind on the final day tomorrow.

No comments: